Today was Tamra’s 2 year anniversary with Heinz. You know what that means– an excuse to bake! Hooray!
I made Tropical Cupcakes. Very easy and light- just perfect for summer. They really hit the spot.
After work, Tamra and I are going shopping. $2 camis at Old Navy! Sa-weet!!
JOSIE’S TROPICAL CUPCAKES
1 box angelfood cake mix
20 oz. can crushed pineapple
2 tubs Cool Whip (fat free or sugar free is ok)
2 tsp. Coconut extract, divided
2 tsp. Vanilla, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 3 cupcake pans with liners.
2. Dump the cake mix into a very large bowl. Add the crushed pineapple and mix on low with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. The cake batter will triple in size so you really need a big bowl!
3. Fill prepared cupcake cups 3/4 full with the batter. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Let cool 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature.
5. While cupcakes are cooling, lower the oven temperature to 350°F. Spread the coconut on a sheet pan and bake for 3-5 minutes. Stir well and let cool. Set aside.
6. Meanwhile, thaw the cool whip in the refrigerator. Once thawed, stir 1 tsp coconut extract and 1 tsp vanilla into each tub.
7. When cupcakes are cool (just before serving), top each with about 2 Tbl flavored cool whip and a bit of toasted coconut.