What a weekend! After traveling to the east coast for work, I traveled to Idaho Falls for a visit. By the time I got home last night, I was pooped. I wanted something that was good, but fast! Yeah for grilling!
I love mushrooms– especially when they are grilled in a foil packet on the grill. No pan to clean! Mushrooms are savory enough to satisfy a meat craving and tender enough to melt in your mouth. Especially when you pair them with a bit of butter and some fresh Lemon Thyme!
Have you ever had tomatoes on the grill? They are absolutely delightful. The grill adds a smokey flavor that goes very well with a tomato’s sweet acidity. Top it with fresh basil leaves and mozzarella cheese and you’ve got dinner!
Lemon Thyme Grilled Mushrooms
8 oz. mushrooms, cut in half or in quarters, depending on size
4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
1 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
salt and pepper to taste
2 large sheets aluminum foil
1. Divide mushrooms between the two sheets of foil.
2. Sprinkle with half the butter, half the lemon thyme sprigs, and salt and pepper.
3. Fold over one side of the foil.
4. Fold over the opposite side, making sure they overlap.
5. Fold in the sides to the middle.
6. Crimp to be sure the juices won’t escape.
7. Grill over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
8. Remove packet from grill, let cool for about 5 minutes, then carefully open the packet. Yumminess!
1 Large Tomato, cut into 1″ thick slabs
6 fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp shredded mozzarella
1. Place tomato slab on the grill. Top with basil and mozzarella.
2. Close the lid and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
3. Serve with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. This one needs a knife and fork!
Have a great week!