Howdy ho! How are you this fine Monday morning? We are finally getting settled in our new temporary home. Most of the boxes have been unpacked and sorted. All that is left is the garage– the end is in sight! The animals are all adjusting quite well. Ralfie is very happy to have his couch back…
And Tobie found a comfy place to nap…
The kitties are having fun exploring all the new nooks and crannies. Mocha especially loves the upstairs family room.
The kitchen in this place is HUGE. I love it! This weekend, I had a pint of raspberries and a pint of blackberries that needed to be used up. I wasn’t in the mood for cobbler, so I decided to make the next best thing– Muffins! Hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Dark chocolate chips may be substituted for the white chocolate if you’d like. I made them both ways and they were both great.
Raspberry Blackberry White Chocolate Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil (I used canola)
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blackberries (or any combination of 1-1/2 cups berries)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix just until moistened.
4. Add berries and chocolate chips. Mix until well blended.
5. Line a muffin tin with liners and spray lightly with cooking spray. Fill each liner 2/3 full (I used a #24 scoop).
6. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool for about 5 minutes in the tin, then remove to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!