Are you ready for this weekend? That’s right, it’s Superbowl time! The Superbowl has something for everyone– football for sports fans, the halftime show for music fans, and the commercials for comedy fans. 🙂
But the thing that I love most about the Superbowl is….the food! Yeah, I know. Who would have guessed that one?
Today’s recipe is a great one. It’s simple to put together, bite size, and semi-healthy. Because it has a fungi in it. 😉
Other recipes you might like for the Superbowl include:
Buffalo Chicken Dip with celery sticks and pita crisps
Hope you enjoy your Super Weekend!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 to 16 medium mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1/3 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp grated fresh parmesan, divided
- 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ pan with nonstick spray. Remove the stems from the mushroom caps (reserve the stems) and place the caps, hole side up, in the pan.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems. Combine them with the sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and 2 Tbsp parmesan.
- Divide the mixture between the mushroom caps, filling each with about 1-1/2 tsp stuffing.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top of the stuffed mushrooms; sprinkle the panko bread crumbs on top of the parmesan. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender and top is beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve warm!