My favorite thing at a restaurant is a creamy ranch dressing. Not the kind from a bottle, but the kind that is made fresh every day, loaded with garlic, and so creamy, a carrot stick will stand up in it. Yeah!
Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve finally found a way to make a creamy ranch dressing that is just like the restaurant! I had to tweak it a bit to make it my own, but this stuff is GOOD! Plus, it’s even easier than the directions on the back of the seasoning packet. 🙂
Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 16 oz. cottage cheese (don’t use fat free)
- 1/2 cup milk (more if you want a thinner dressing)
- 1 packet of Ranch Dressing mix (not the buttermilk kind)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (or one clove, minced)
- A blender
- Rubber spatula
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down a few times.
- Enjoy your ranch dressing!!
Ways to customize:
- For smokey southwest ranch, add 2 tsp adobo sauce and 1 chopped chipotle pepper.
- For an herb dressing, add 1 tsp celery salt and 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon or basil.
- For jalapeno ranch, add a chopped jalapeno (remember that the seeds are hot, so add those to taste).