Holy bananas! It’s HOT outside. When it’s this hot, I am all about assembling and less about cooking. Sure, I’ll throw something on the grill once in a while, but there are those nights I just don’t want to deal with anything that has to do with heat. The cooking kind, not the spicy kind. 😉
One thing that helps me through those nights is a good salad dressing. The kind of dressing that can be used in wraps and sandwiches, too. This is that kind of dressing. Plus, there are about a zillion ways to customize it to make it your own! My ideas are at the bottom of the basic recipe. What do you like to
cook have for dinner when its HOT outside?
Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 package (1 oz.) Hidden Valley Ranch Dips seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp milk (optional)
- Place cottage cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add milk, if desired, to thin the dressing out a bit.
- Store in an airtight container for about a week.
This recipe is easy to customize. Just add a few things to the blender!
- Southwest: add 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 4 oz. can green chilies (drained), and 2 tsp hot sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Chipotle: add 1 chopped canned chipotle pepper and 1 tsp adobo sauce. Add more adobo to spice it up if you’d like.
- Garden Herb: add 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp fresh chopped basil, 1 Tbsp fresh chopped chives, 1/2-1 fresh garlic clove, and 1 Tbsp fresh dill.
- Bleu Cheese: Add 2 oz. crumbled bleu cheese and blend. After blending, add another 2 oz. crumbled bleu cheese.