Holy bananas. It’s hot outside! We’ve been in the 90’s/ low 100’s for a few weeks now. Because our home faces east, I don’t even want to cook at night because the back porch is bathed in the sun during the evening. Some of the neighbors move their grills out front. I have a ‘thing’ about grilling out front. I don’t know what my problem is– I just don’t like it. Mostly because I would be inviting anyone that walked by to dinner. 🙂
I also have a problem with caffeine. My ‘summer drink’ is iced tea. I can drink gallons of that stuff! But I can’t do caffeine after 3 pm or I can’t sleep. And decaf black tea just doesn’t taste the same. What to do, what to do…
My husband loves Raspberry Iced Tea. I like it, too, but I can’t deal with too much sugar. Gosh, now it sound like I’m the picky one! Well, the good news is that I know how to work around my picky-ness. 😉
This tea is cool and refreshing. I can drink all I want at night and sleep like a baby. I make it 2 to 3 times a week!
What do you do to keep cool when its HOT outside?
Raspberry Tea Chiller
- 5 bags Celestial Seasonings Berry Zinger Tea
- 1.7L (about 2 quarts) boiling water
- 4 squirts (about 1/2 cup)Raspberry Syrup (1 use Torani Sugar Free)
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour into a heat-proof pitcher and add the syrup. Refrigerate overnight or until cold.
- Pour over ice. Add more raspberry syrup for desired sweetness.
Variation: Peach Tea Chiller
Substitute Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion tea and use Peach flavored Syrup.