Wow! It’s the end of August. How crazy is that? Doesn’t it feel like the summer has flown by? And it was HOT this summer, wasn’t it? It’s still in the 90’s all this week. We’re generally at least 10 degrees cooler by now.
I’m not complaining. I’m relishing every last moment of summer. Sweet crispy cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, snappy beans and summer squash. But what about the sweet side of things?
My husband got a craving over the weekend. A craving that required no actual cooking. Nice!
This recipe is very easy to put together. Just be sure to let it sit at least 4 hours before digging in– overnight is even better. Hope you enjoy!
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz. strong brewed coffee
- 2 oz. grand marnier liquor
- 1 package (200 g) lady fingers (I like the crispy kind)
- 4 Tbsp mini chocolate chips, divided
- 2 Tbsp cocoa, divided (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- Blend the mascarpone and sugar until well whipped. It should look a lot like whipped butter. Add in the vanilla extract and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream to the firm peak stage.
- Mix about 1/3 0f the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture and blend well. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Mix the coffee and liquor. I find its easier to put it in a squueze bottle.
- Line the bottom 0f an 8″ x 8″ pan with a single layer of lady fingers. Squeeze about half the coffee-liquor mixture on top, evenly coating the cookies with liquid.
- Dollop half of the mascarpone mixture on top and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips on top.
- Arrange a final layer of ladyfingers on top and coat the cookies with the remaining coffee-liquor mixture.
- Dollop the remaining mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers and smooth out. Place cocoa in a small sieve and sprinkle evenly on top. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
- Serve cold and enjoy!