Once in a while, you have a bite of something and all you can think of is Christmas. This is one of those recipes! I got the recipe from my dear friend, Leslie. Leslie’s mother saw it in the paper and made it for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was so good! I’ve tweaked it a bit to make it my own (like adding pomegranate perils and cool whip). This salad is beautiful and I hope you love it as much as we do.
‘Tis the season! I love shopping for other people. The only person I’m having difficulty in shopping for is my Dad. When he wants something, he just goes right out and buys it! How do you shop for a person like that? Any tips?
Cran-Pomegranate Jello Salad
Based on a recipe from the Post Register a few years ago (can’t find the exact date or recipe)
- 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 6 oz. raspberry jello (one large box or two small boxes)
- 14.5 oz. can WHOLE cranberry sauce
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 cups fresh Pomegranate perils
- 1 small tub Cool Whip or 2 cups freshly whipped cream
- Place the reserved pineapple juice in a measuring cup and add enough water to make 2.5 cups of total liquid. Bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Remove from the heat and add the jello. Whisk until the jello is completely dissolved. Let cool until it thickens to the consistency of gravy, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple, chopped apple, and pomegranate perils with the cranberry sauce. Stir in the cooled jello. Pour into a jello mold or 9″ x 13″ glass pan. Refrigerate until the jello is completely set. I usually put it together the night before.
- When ready to serve, unmold by briefly dipping in warm water, then turning the mold upside down on a large plate. Cover the jello salad with cool whip or whipped cream and serve!