I miss the sun. It’s been foggy and overcast here for what seems like weeks. WEEKS!! Where are you, sunshine? I don’t mind that its cold… It is February, after all. Maybe I need light therapy. Did you know they have that? Special light bulbs that make you not miss the sun so much. Wonder if they work.
If they don’t, then you should just make this soup. It’s the color of the sun. And it tastes warm and comforting. Not like the sun. I’m sure the sun would taste like.. plasma burns. No one wants to taste that!
Ham and Cheese Soup
- 2 cups diced peeled potato
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) creamed corn
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese dip (or cheese sauce like Velveeta)
- Place potatoes, water, and ham in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add the carrot. Cook another 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender. The potatoes should basically be falling apart at this point.
- Add the creamed corn, cook another 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese sauce and serve!
This soup tastes like ham, corn, and spicy cheese. YUM!