This weekend, I decided to shop at the local Fred Meyer. Inspiration struck as I was passing the Olive Bar. They had some chunked feta and Greek olives marinated in an herb-infused oil. Who could pass that up?
As soon as I got home, I tossed those lovely cheese chunks and olives with fresh veggies and a bit of vinegar. Let me tell ya- easiest Greek salad ever! Not that Greek salad is that hard anyway, but the herbs in the cheese-olive oil were the perfect complement.
I hope you have an olive bar with the marinated feta cheese chunks somewhere in town. And I hope you are eating lots of veggies and drinking lots of water. I’m good on the veggies, but drinking water is hard for me. Unless its in the form of sun tea. 😉
Here’s to easy summer salads!
Greek Salad for One
- 2-3 Tbsp chunked feta and Greek olives marinated in olive oil and herbs (from the olive bar)
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3″ section of an English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 or 4 marinated artichoke heart quarters
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pepperoncini for garnish
- Put everything in a bowl, except garnish.
- Toss to coat the veggies. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with pepperoncini. Devour.
- Feel good about eating such a healthy meal when you were at home by yourself. 😀