This is one of those beat-the-heat recipes for summer. No cooking involved! This salad whips up in a flash and is PERFECT along the side of grilled meat. You could even add diced cooked chicken to make it a main meal salad.
This recipe is based off of the Ramen Coleslaw on the Food On The Table website. I had to make several substitutions because of what I had in the house. Hope you like it!
Crunchy Ramen Coleslaw
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar or splenda
- 1 (3.0 oz.) package Oriental flavored ramen noodles, crushed, seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (12 oz.) bag cole slaw mix
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, contents of the ramen noodle seasoning packet, and pepper together.
- Place cabbage, green onions, and crushed noodles in the bowl. Toss well to coat. Top with toasted sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Serve immediately.