My goodness. Isn’t that gorgeous? Makes you want to grab a glass of milk and a fork, doesn’t it?
This is my Grandma Doris’ brownies recipe, with the addition of raspberries. These brownies are RICH, so you’ll definitely need to be sure there is some milk to go along with. Seriously. Almost too much chocolate to handle. Almost…
I loved my Grandma Doris. She was a wonderful lady who loved to laugh. Once, she made a pan of brownies and sent them home with us when we went to visit one weekend. I think I was about 12 years old. When we got home, we discovered she forgot to put in the flour and we actually had chocolate soup! You really couldn’t tell because of the frosting on top. Silly grandma! Still makes me smile. 😀
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, salted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp seedless raspberry jam, melted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), salted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add cocoa, vanilla, milk and raspberry jam. Beat well.
- Add salt and baking powder. Mix in flour and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, using a rubber spatula to even it out on top. Sprinkle with raspberries.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until center is set and no longer jiggles.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Warm the 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam in a microwave safe bowl until melted. Drizzle over cooled brownies, using a rubber spatula or pastry brush to spread it on top evenly. Let cool.
- Bring butter, milk and sugar to a full boil, then take off the heat. Add vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour over cooled and glazed brownies. Refrigerate an hour or so to set.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife and serve.