I have an obsession with monkeys. We’re decorating the nursery in Monkeys for the twins! We have monkey sheets, monkey outfits, monkey blankets, monkey quilts, a monkey diaper bag… yep. Monkeys everywhere!
And what do monkeys eat? Fruit. And what has this preggo lady been craving? FRUIT! I love this salad. It’s simple, keeps for a few days in the fridge, and is super healthy for me and my babies. Sometimes I even add a dollop of whipped cream to make it a bit more indulgent.
Here’s to a Happy and Healthy 2014!
Monkey Fruit Salad
- 1 (15 oz. can) pineapple chunks- drain and reserve 1/4 cup juice
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 1 apple, cored and cut into chunks (I used Gala)
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup red or green grapes, halved
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Put all the fruit in a bowl. Drizzle with reserved pineapple juice, and stir well to coat. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days.
- To serve, spoon fruit into a bowl and add a dollop of whipped cream!
This fruit also makes a great smoothie combo. Just combine in a blender with some plain or vanilla yogurt and ice. YUM!!