It’s that time of year. That time where everyone is put into one of two categories. You know the ones – Naughty or Nice. Well, what if you’re a little bit of both? What if your halo is held a little crooked because of those cute little horns coming out of your forehead? Is there a gray area? No, not one of the 50 shades…
Well, Santa, I’ve been NICE this year. I’ve done some good deeds, thought some good thoughts, put others before myself. But I’ve also been NAUGHTY. I snuck Halloween candy and ate it without telling my hubby I bought any. And I didn’t share. I let my babies cry on the floor when they didn’t want to do tummy time and I made them do it for a few minutes more anyway. And I ate my dinner before feeding the dog. Because I was hungry.
So, this cracker spread is a little like me. There’s the nice side that is all creamy and sweet. Then there’s the naughty side that you THINK is creamy and sweet– until it punches you in the taste buds. Don’t be surprised if you have every intention of sharing, then end up in the closet with a few Ritz crackers and a spoon. Go ahead. Double dip. Be naughty. I won’t tell…
Naughty and Nice Cracker Spread
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup raspberry preserves (I used seedless)
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly (I used Tabasco brand)
- Crackers (Ritz are NICE)
- Plop cream cheese blocks onto a plate- I used one that was about 15″ in diameter. Use a rubber spatula to smush and squish the cream cheese into a flat layer. Smooth out the top.
- Pour raspberry preserves on one half, and pepper jelly on the other half.
- Serve with crackers.
By the way, the spicy NAUGHTY side is fantastic on a bagel in the morning. Especially with bacon. 😉