The in-laws were coming to visit, and I really didn’t want to cook anything too elaborate. I have to admit- we were in a rut. Sure, there are literally thousands of recipes on Pinterest, all recipes, etc. but I just wasn’t in the mood to cook. I had to grab some cheese sticks for the littles when inspiration struck in the refrigerated section of the grocery store!! I saw the package of three cheese ravioli in the “family pack”, and I knew what was for dinner.
It only took a few minutes to assemble and was ready to pop in the oven as soon as it reached temperature. A half an hour later, dinner was done. And even better than that- dinner was GOOD! There was just enough left over for my husband and I to take to work for lunch the next day. Sweet!!
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, or Italian sausage
- 20 to 24 oz. package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 oz. pasta sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Brown and crumble meat in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain well. HINT: this can be done a day ahead. Just put it in an airtight container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to cook!
- Spray an 8″x8″ pan with cooking spray, then spread about 3 Tbsp sauce on the bottom. Layer ingredients (ravioli, meat, sauce, cheese), and repeat layers. Sprinkle grated Parmesan on top, if desired.
- Bake in center rack of oven until cooked through. Sauce should be bubbly, and cheese layer nicely browned at the edges, about 30 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes (10 is even better), then dig in!