This tangy dressing reminds me of Spring. I know Spring is right around the corner, but all of this fog we’ve been having lately has been a little discouraging. I can’t wait to see the daffodills begin to grow. Heck, I’d settle for a full day of sunshine!
Until then, lets just make a little sunshine in a bottle. Something tangy, lemony, and herby. Or is that Herbie? No, wait. Herbie is a car…
This dressing will keep a couple of weeks in the fridge. I like to bring it to room temp before tossing with greens to make sure the olive oil is no longer solid. And this dressing with a bit of blue cheese is heavenly– almost like Buddy’s salad dressing. Almost…
Here’s hoping Spring comes soon! 😀
Lemon Garlic Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place olive oil and garlic in a microwave-safe container. Microwave on high about 30 seconds. This will help to mellow the garlic a bit so it’s not as harsh as raw garlic. Let cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil/garlic mixture while whisking constantly. Continue whisking until dressing thickens slightly and is well combined.
- Store leftover dressing in a jar with a tight lid in the fridge.